Sunday, April 29, 2007

Love is never having to say anything...

I have a 27 year old former model friend with a masters and a great job finance. She's asking me how to get her 38 year old boyfriend to marry her. She just moved in with him in a rented cozy little house in a middle class neighborhood in NJ. She doesn't have to pay rent but he'd like her to cover the utilities and his Honda car lease payments. Even though he smokes pot every day so he can endure a boring bank administration job she totally wants to marry the guy because he's really good in bed.

So let me ask you. What's a good country song title that can summarize this situation? Also since they've been together for one year, should she simply give him the "marriage or move out" ultimatum now or just wait longer for him to decide on his own to marry her?

Post your opinions and your favorite waiting for a proposal relationship stories!

3 comments:

tox said...

leave that bum, period. people don't change

Fortuna holmes said...

I know it's hard when someone is really good in bed, it's better than any drug but I have to agree with the first comment. This guy sounds like a bum.

Even though this guy pays the rent it is very tackey and wimpy to ask your girlfriend to cover the car payment and utilities. I don't know if that is such a fair deal anyway. Car payments and utilities can be more than rent.

My friend sent me this aricle a while back on a random survey that was taken of men with live-in girlfriends in different regions and of different age groups. About 80% of them had no intention of marrying their live-in girlfriends and where only with them out of convenience until somone better came along. It seems very convenient for this guy to have someone live with him that gives him great sex and pays a majority of his bills to me.

A warning flag is it seems that he is unhappy with his job that leads to a possible addiction with pot.

In rules type books it tells a girl to never bring up the subject of marriage as it will scare a guy off. I think your friend needs to ask herself if she wants to have children. If so I don't know how great of a provider he sounds like. And for women that want kids they don't have the luxery of time men do.

She should ask her guy friends if they would marry a girl after being with her a year if they really loved her. I think most of my guy friends would.

char sidney/ char sydney said...

Cover the utilities/car payment so I can buy pot???...she is just a dumbass for staying with him, and if she really is a former model as you claim...she can do better then him as long as she didn't get fat as many former models do..time for her to come back to the city and find a real man